Computer Field Service Technician
- Responsible for obtaining information to diagnose a problem, simultaneously create, assign and document issues in the Service Desk tracking system
- Have good customer service skills and deal sensitively with customers who have malfunctioning equipment
- Demonstrate competency in prioritizing user issues and resolving within defined Service Levels Agreements
- Work with desktop and laptop computers to diagnose root problems and repair hardware failures, including the use of non-powered hand tools
- Possess strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Be able to work quickly under pressure without supervision
- Responsible for analyzing users’ needs. Recommends appropriate network configurations to meets users’ needs and standards.
- Implements and maintains switches, routers, firewalls, access points and Internet or Intranet devices and connections.
- Monitors and optimizes local and wide area networks for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable costs.
- Works with Systems Engineers to integrate voice, data, and video applications on local and wide area networks.
- Analyzes, recommends, and evaluates new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Assists with preventative and fault isolation maintenance on local and wide area networks.